New MSc Programme starting October 2021: Environmental Data Science and Machine Learning MSc
For the future of environmental sciences
Join this multidisciplinary 1 year MSc programme to train in fundamental computational and data science skills and shape your understanding of environmental science.
The MSc Environmental Data Science and Machine Learning at Imperial College London will train students in fundamental computational and data science skills for application across the environmental sciences. The course is led by expert computational scientists in the Department of Earth Science and Engineering. The programme offers a focus on environmental big data in addition to established modules in machine learning, computational science and modern programming skills that run in the Applied Computational Science and Engineering MSc.
Find the most recent MSc Environmental Data Science and Machine Learning Programme Specification on the Imperial College London course page for the MSc Environmental Data Science and Machine Learning.
Who is the course for?
- have a first degree in an Engineering or Science-based subject and would like to expand your knowledge of Environmental Data Science, or
- would like training in Data Science and Machine Learning with a strong applied focus, or
- have a background in Environmental Science and want to develop computational/data science and coding skills,
then you will benefit from joining the MSc Environmental Data Science and Machine Learning.
Why should I apply?
Are you interested in learning data science and machine learning skills and to apply them to environmental science topics including the low carbon energy transition, sustainability, future cities, water & air quality?
This programme will:
- Educate future environmental scientists in the field of data science, machine learning, remote sensing, environmental monitoring, scientific programming and computational methods applied to environmental science and engineering.
- Allow students to generate, manipulate, interrogate, analyse, visualise, interpret, invert and learn from data to explore a range of problems using a variety of techniques.
- Teach underlying theory as well as the implementation of methods in high-quality code.
- Expose students to a wide range of data science and machine learning applications.
More information is available here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/earth-science/prosp-students/pg-courses/data-science-ml/